- 80g pack of prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 2tbsp olive oil1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- tsp chilli flakes
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 150ml white wine or chicken stock
- 2 x 400g cans of butter beans
- 400g can of cherry tomatoes
- 200g bag of sliced kale
- Fry the prosciutto in a dry saucepan over a high heat until crisp, then remove half with a slotted spoon and set aside. Turn the heat down to low, pour in the oil and tip in the fennel with a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 mins until softened, then throw in the garlic, chilli flakes and thyme and cook for a further 2 mins, then pour in the wine or stock and bring to a simmer.
- Tip both cans of butter beans into the stew, along with their liquid, then add the tomatoes, season well and bring everything to a simmer. Cook, undisturbed, for 5 mins, then stir through the kale. Once wilted, ladle the stew into bowls, removing the thyme sprigs and topping each portion with the remaining prosciutto.
*Recipe from BBC Goodfood*
To keep us motivated and moving join my 100 mile club and at just £5 its the perfect tonic for banishing the winter blues.
The challenge is to walk or swim 100 miles between 11th of Feb and the 19th of April, sounds like fun eh?!! I know we are a little past the 11th but there is still time to get involved so get in touch with me today at email@example.com.
I’ll be sending details of local walks to help inspire and hope that some of you will get together to share the challenge!
A special prize will be awarded to the first person to complete the100miles, so what you waiting for e mail me today to sign up!
Thanks for reading!